Important Notices:

If you would like your work displayed here please send jpg to Karin

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hi,  Karin here....
I have not been idle recently and have some great things taking shape for next year and even the year after... some of those teachers get well booked up!
But I wanted to let you know that I go on shut down from June  till August.  Many people leave Alberta at this time and I too will be on summer leave and have friends visiting from Britain in July and Aug.

It has been a good year for SDA : Alberta, with 3 SDA meetings in Calgary and workshops with Lisa Grey in Calgary and Lethbridge, thanks to all  who helped get these going and especially to Cheryl Atkinson in Lethbridge for her help there.
We had a good time with Lisa Grey and I will upload some images shortly to the blog with some information on what went on.

I am thinking about goals for the next year and I would really like it if you get in touch with ideas of what you would like to see happen.  I am especially interested if you would like to be a focal point in your area - eg., Edmonton, so we can get some similar activities going there for SDA.

I have begun to talk about an exhibition in Spring 2014 and hope that many of you will keep that in mind.

Hot Topic: We have 8 members from Alberta at the San Antonio SDA conference.  You know who you are!   I hope you are all having a great time.
I do hope that, as a group, you might put together a 7 minute presentation to tell us about your experiences - for the September meeting.

Our next meeting in Calgary will be in September and it will be a Pecha Kucha style of evening, though I am just checking on copyright rules to do with this so we might not keep to the exact format of Pechakucha....
What is Pecha Kucha you might ask? look here.
If you would like to present 20 slides (about 20 seconds each) = a 7 minute presentation please think about it and get in touch.  There is plenty of time to plan for this.  It can be on any art subject you wish, your own work, a person who inspires you, an  exhibition you saw years ago, or this summer....or the great classics in fine art.
 

I will close with a link that I was given via a friend on Facebook....hope you like it.

All the best for summer,
Karin

No comments: